8349 Eagle Way Bypass
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
MISSION STATEMENT AND PHILOSOPHY
Our mission is to provide academic excellence based on Biblical principles. We are committed to equip each student intellectually, socially, physically and spiritually.
It is our purpose to personally see that the education we provide is both excellent and thoroughly Christian. We diligently seek to instill the time-honored values of faith in God, love of family, patriotism, respect for authority, and hard work. Our responsibility is to nurture, instruct and train students in order to help parent s fulfill their God-given mandate to “train up a child in the way he should go” (Prov. 22:6) and to “bring them up in the fear and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
We give the Bible and its teaching a prominent place in the curriculum. We can be an effective place for learning only if we provide a God-fearing environment accompanied by consistent discipline and orderliness. It is, therefore, our purpose to provide sound academic training integrated with a distinctly Christian view of God and the world.
The hub of human relations at Heritage Christian Academy is mutual concern for each other in the spirit of respect and love. This is evident in the general atmosphere of the school, and specifically in the personal relationships between teachers, pupil, staff and parents. We exist in an atmosphere of positive living. Teachers and parents seek to develop and reinforce positive qualities in a child as well as correct negative ones. Specific qualities include:
- A respect for God
- A respect for themselves
- A respect for others.
We would like to reinforce that God places the immediate responsibility for training upon the children’s parents, promising to give Divine guidance to those who seek it. Parental cooperation plays a strategic part in the success of our school.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in the Bible as the only authoritative word of God; it is eternally reliable in all matters of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created each person as a male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We affirm that salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We affirm that repentance from personal sin toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
- We affirm the resurrection of both, the saved and the lost, those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to eternal punishment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
These are the principles by which Heritage Christian Academy was founded and these principles shall be taught to the students enrolled in the academy. The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Heritage Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of directors is Heritage Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Why Choose a Christian Education?
Please watch this video, produced by the Association of Christian Schools International, to more deeply understand the importance of a Christian education in today’s world.
ACSI: Planting Seeds of Excellence
STATEMENT OF COOPERATION
- It is understood that my child’s attendance is a privilege and not a right, and that if at any time his/her conduct, academic progress, or cooperation with the school’s authorities is not in keeping with the school’s requirements, the school reserves the right to terminate, at its discretion, my child’s enrollment.
- I pledge to cooperate with the school in its efforts to administer discipline to my child in accord with the standards the school sets for itself. I agree to use the Matthew 18 principle in resolving conflicts with parents, teachers, or administrators.
- First: Speak to the person directly involved;
- Second: If not resolved, speak to that person’s immediate supervisor;
- Last: peak to the Headmaster of the school.
- I hereby pledge to pay my financial obligations to Heritage Christian Academy on or before the due date, or accept the late fee charge.
- If my child voluntarily withdraws or is requested to withdraw by the school, it is understood and accepted that the year’s tuition or unpaid portion thereof and instructional fee will become due immediately.
- If a student is expelled from Heritage Christian Academy, no adjustment is made to the student’s account and it is understood that the balance is payable immediately. Financial Commitment: All fees and tuition owed to HCA must be paid before school records, report cards and/or diploma will be released.
CODE OF CONDUCT AGREEMENT
Parent cooperation and support of our discipline procedures will help ensure the success of your student in our school structure.
In cases of unacceptable behavior, and disruption of the classroom, the parents will be notified and expected to cooperate with the school in administering proper discipline.
The administration reserves the right to expel a student at anytime if it is felt that we can no longer help the student, or if we feel that the student’s actions and/or attitudes are an improper influence on the other members of the student body.
Also, in cases of unacceptable behavior, and disruption of the classroom, the administration, and the School Board’s Discipline Committee reserves the right to deny re-admission to Heritage Christian Academy the following year.
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES STATEMENT OF COOPERATION
Heritage Christian Academy has permission for my child to take part in all school activities, including field trips, sports activities, and school-sponsored trips away from the school premises. It is agreed to hold the school and its agents harmless for any liability to my child or any guardian or parent thereof because of any injury or alleged injury to my child.
Should legal action, for any reason, be taken against Heritage Christian Academy or any employee or agent thereof, on my child’s behalf and the school or its agent not be found at fault, I agree to pay any attorney fees, court fees, damages or other cost that Heritage Christian Academy or its agent should incur to defend itself against such action.
This Statement of Cooperation will be in effect for as long as my children (or others to be enrolled) attend Heritage Christian Academy, whether it is in the 3 year old, 4 year old, kindergarten, elementary or secondary school.
It is understood that should my marital status change it is my responsibility to have a corrected Statement of Cooperation signed and updated and delivered to Heritage Christian Academy. Heritage Christian Academy admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
In 1993, “God had a notion,” as he brought together a ten member steering committee to meet and pray about the need for a Christian School in Christian County.
On March 29, 1994, the first town meeting was held in the Hopkinsville Community College auditorium to determine community interest in establishing a private Christian school. An overflow crowd of 625 people attended.
In 1995, the Wadlington family donated 28 acres of land to the school. The schools enrollment was 240 and added the K4 program and our first 10th grade class.
August 1996, added the first 11th grade class.
In 1997 enrollment was 333.
In 1998, HCA purchased an additional 10 acres of land on the new Bypass in Hopkinsville. The basketball team won the CSAC Basketball Championship. May 1998 we had our first High School Graduating Class with 9 students.
1999 HCA received ACSI Accreditation
In the fall of 2000, the 65,000 square foot building that was built on the 38 acres opened the doors to our beloved students, faculty, and staff.
2001, Largest graduating class.
In 2002, Student enrollment over 400 for the 1st time. Added first AP History Class.
2003, The Softball team won the CSAC Championship for the first time.
2004, added AP Chemistry and built 2 Science, Computer, and Art Lab. Installation of AC in the gymnasium. Won the CSAC Softball Championship.
In 2005, HCA began offering a K3 half-day program and enrollment was at 447. We added Latin based vocabulary and Logic classes to the curriculum. During the 2005 sports season our teams accomplished the following:
- Softball team won the KCAA State Softball Championship.
- Volleyball won the First Regional Tour
- Volleyball placed 4th in the KCAA State tournament
- Basketball boys team won First Regional
- JV and Varsity Basketball State Runner Up in KCAA tournament
June 2006, received ACSI Accreditation for the second time. We began offering K3 program for both half and full day classes and built two new classrooms. During the 2006 sports season our teams accomplished the following:
- Softball team won the KCAA State Softball Championship
- Volleyball won the First Regional Tour
- Volleyball placed 4th in the KCAA State Tournament
- Basketball boys team won First Regional Tournament
- Basketball girls team won the First Regional Tournament
- Varsity Cheerleaders placed First in State
During the school year 2006-2007, HCA opened two new high school classrooms.
ALL THAT WE OFFER
- Academic Excellence
- Enterprising Instruction
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Enrichment Classes
- Competitive Sports
- Fastest Growing School
- Highest enrollment among private schools in Hopkinsville and Western Kentucky